Computer Science and Engineering
- Name : Dr. Ashok Kumar Panda
- Designation : Professor & HEAD
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact No :+91 9437091129
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is one of the oldest departments of the College of Engineering Bhubaneswar (COEB). It has been establised in 1999. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has been actively engaged in teaching and research in diverse fields of Computer Science and Engineering. With excellent faculty, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers undergraduate (B.Tech) and graduate (M.Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering.
The department of CSE is dedicated to provide a quality learning and innovative environment which can address the rapidly changing academic and industrial requirement. This kind of environment will enable our graduates to become the leaders and innovators in the field of computer science. Our faculty members will be recognized worldwide for the quality of their research. Along with our department, we also engage ourselves in sharing of our knowledge and skills to other department in pursuit to fulfill the computing requirements of other fields. Our outreach activities will fuel economic development and contribute to the health and well being of society.
Computer science permeates all modern endeavors in academia, government and industry, and its role will continue to grow. The department of Computer Science and Engineering at College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar (CEB) is aimed at a vision to be recognized as a pioneer, through education and research, in the computing society.
The core objective of the department is to fulfill its mission as defined in its mission statement. The following categorized objectives, when met, will serve to fulfill the mission of the department.
• An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
• An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
• An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
• An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
• To adapt curriculum and pedagogy to complement the evolution of computer technology.
• To accommodate the varied learning styles of a diverse student population.
• To recognize and support faculty research and scholarship in computer science.
• To support scholarship and creativity associated with curriculum development and innovative approaches to teaching.